Adjustment of status and other applicants often require “advance parole” travel documents in order to depart the United States and re-enter without abandoning their underlying application. Travel documents are normally issued within 90 days of filing. When the foreign national has an emergency and cannot wait for issuance of the travel document, he or she can request an emergency expedite. While there are several ways to make such a request, USCIS clarifies that for emergency advance parole, the individual will need to visit a USCIS district or field office. While clients report that field offices often advise them that they cannot issue the requested travel document and refer the foreign national to the National Customer Service Center to make a service request, USCIS confirms, in fact, that all field offices are equipped to adjudicate and issue advance parole documents. If you encounter problems, please contact our office.